Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Hey there, and thanks!

Hi to all the folks who have been stopping by to leave me comments lately.It's so nice to hear from new voices as well as returning ones. Thanks for taking the time to comment, it means I am not talking to myself. LOL

I have been posting up a storm it seems..... I guess I just have so much to say. It seems a bit crazy to do jumbo posts, so I have been breaking things into reasonable size and posting more frequently.

Oh, and if your into the lip balm.... the three main ingredients are beeswax, coconut oil and honey. Check out the blog Frugal By Choice she was the inspiration and directions for that as well as my new experiment. Experiment?

For the moment, I will mention that I tried another DIY recipe that pintrest directed me to. (LOL It's all in there!)

I made shower discs for colds and congestion. The photos are pretty boring, but I will give a overview of what I did.

One cup of baking soda, half a cup of water or so... to make it a pudding-like consistency.

5 drops each of  Tea Tree Oil, Rosemary Oil, Eucalyptus Oil plus 2 drops of Peppermint Oil.
Then I spooned the mix out into the muffin tin that I had ready with liners.

I did put it in the oven for a bit on a low heat (200 F) as they seemed fairly moist. Even today, they are stable and I pulled them out of the tin..... but they still feel damp on the base.With strange indentations and everything! 

As you can see they liked the extra crinkles in the cups.

The idea behind these little pucks is; when you are having a shower and have a cold you drop one on the floor and enjoy the aroma as it helps clear your breathing up. Not tested yet.... so I am unsure what the result will be, but so far the scent is very clarifying. LOL We shall see. I will keep you posted on that. There were other adventures this week...... but I will post about those later.
Tried anything new lately?
Have a great one!

2 comments:

Knitting Up A Storm said...

Clever, clever. Where did you buy your peppermint oil from?

Jen Margu said...

I'm also curious where the oils came from because this sounds like a neat thing to try! Especially since I'd imagine it's safe for a certain small person who abhors blowing her nose...

New thing I did! Take large black paper, put white hand prints in random spaced out places on it, turn upside down and they look a bit like ghosts! Fold the paper into a tube and staple it together, add strings to the top for hanging and horrible (but cheap!) orange ribbon onto the bottom for dangling and we have a Halloween windsock! The small one has been asking for Halloween decorations and this is all I've come up with so far. Hopefully there will be photos on my blog soon so I can show you!