Sunday, August 19, 2007

Hello out there!

So, what a crazy summer! How fast it has gone!! I thought that I would get way more done! I have lofty aspirations I guess............ so I have to stop worring about the projects I haven't finished or started! LOL

Here are a few of the mitered squares that I have been trying to stashbust with! I have made so many baby blankets I have tons of leftover baby yarn. So I have to do something with it, and this is my solution.... LOL

This is what I have been trying to concentrate on lately!

The shawl! One wedding was yesterday so I totally missed that deadline, but I will make her one to have this fall... something in a trendy colour. This one will be done soon though, I have been working on it, and this update photo isn't up-to-date! oops!
So I have another wedding coming up on September 1 and I think this will do nicely.
The next one is in October after this one, which gives me another month. I am using a cotton crochet thread for this. Size 3 "Royal" in Bridal White...... I pick it up at the WM or Zellers. I was really wanting to use something that my LYS carried so I popped in ther and asked, but I really don't want them to be "fuzzy". By that I mean that little hairy halo that some fibers give off, it gets on clothing, and I don't want to cause issues with tuxedos! So this cotton is great, but all the laceweight that my LYS ( Knitopia btw) is fantastic merino, or silk wool blends........... sooo lovely, but not fuzz-free.
The great thing is that LYS sells hemp for knitting! But they have just moved recently and don't have it out......so they are pulling it out for me in a week or two. I will let you know! It's the same hemp that is in the new pattern in the summer Knitty check it out!!
If they have a few colours I think I may make one of them too!
So much for stashBUSTING!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your lacework looks great! I can't wait to see it finished.

Ilix said...

Thanks!! I am hoping to do more soon!