Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It's coming back......Project Spectrum 4

Hey there... I am so enthused about the new incarnation of Project Spectrum, and I wanted to share it with you guys.
Grab the link in the title to get to Lolly's blog, she is the mind behind the great inspiration.

This year is the Cardinal Directions here is a quote from Lolly's post on the Ravelry board.


This year, we will base the exploration around FOUR colors - one for each direction - and participants can combine and mix these colors with any other color. Each direction is also traditionally linked to a natural material, and you can choose to work with these materials for your projects, i.e. glass beads, wooden buttons, metal pins, etc. For deeper interpretation, you can also choose to incorporate the related seasons and elements in your creative projects.

NORTH (March/April)
Color: Green
Material: Stones/Gems/Rocks
Season: Winter
Element: Earth

EAST (May/June)
Color: Yellow
Material: Wood
Season: Spring
Element: Air

SOUTH (July/August)
Color: Red
Material: Metal
Season: Summer
Element: Fire

WEST (September/October)
Color: Blue
Material: Glass
Season: Autumn
Element: Water

PS: Cardinal Directions starts on March 1st, 2009!


So I think that this will be great!!

I am already percolating ideas and plans, as I know many folks on the Ravelry Project Spectrum board are as well. If you aren't on ravelry, or a knitter... it doesn't matter. Join in!

Draw pictures, make paintings, do ATC's!!

The great thing about this idea is that is exactly what it is..... an IDEA.

INSPIRATIONAL

I promise that I will let you know how I am going ahead with my inspirations. I hope we can all share! Have a great week.... more photos, and another update later.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Man - I wish I was a bit more dedicated. I signed up for Project Spectrum a while back, but never did it. Can't wait to see your projects or photos.

~RaenWa~ said...

I read about that and it sounds so cool. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with