Friday, May 02, 2008

Knitting is my Favorite thing sometimes.

Hey Gang!

Did you order some pictures?


Well handy that I have a few to share........
First up are the Knit Felt Clogs from Fiber Trends, as you can see however they are not felted yet and are the same rough size as a hank of yarn. They are a pretty colour though, yes?


I don't think that the picture truly does them justice however, Fundy Fog made by Briggs & Little is a beautifully heathered and intresting colourway. These were made as the pattern goes, double stranded and using size 13 needles. Very easy pattern, once I got the idea down, and as I may have mentioned I will be making a few more as stand-by gifts for occasions to come. That turquoisa hank will be used for sure, another great colour. I wonder who would like the adventure of felting their own slippers.... LOL

This is the afghan that I am knitting my friend James. The colour choice was his and it is made in Bernat Bulky. One strand red, one strand grey, held together and knit on size 17 Addi Turbos... the best thing that I ever bought for knitting afghans. I hope he likes it. The pattern comes from The Big Book of Quick Knit Afghans

Finally this is a pending project but I wanted to show it off.... I am not even sure that this pic does it justice either..... the yarn is called "Northern Lights" and is a black alpalca spun with dyed mohair..... The mohair is the flecks that you see on the hanks. This yarn is sooooo beautiful and soft to the touch, i am really going to have to swatch for this project, but have no fear I have some great ideas!

Hope you have enjoyed my show and tell this week. I am excited to make the other slippers and felt some up. I will take pics....... hopefully of some more FO's. The socks are coming along swimmingly, and I do have the beginings of a shawl to show you. Is anyone else planning on "Liberating" your Laceweight? I saw the term on a Ravelry forum, but I am not sure who picked it out. I am also looking into the KIP day, so I hope to have some info for you on that soon-ish.

Has anyone heard if there is going to be a knitting olympics this summer? Well it was just a thought.....

Have a great weekend and an inspiring day!

3 comments:

Kate Linnea Welsh said...

Yarn Harlot, who ran the Knitting Olympics last time, has stated that knitting is a winter sport, and so the next Knitting Olympics will be in 2010. She suggests the crocheters take the summer games. :)

Ilix said...

gotcha... thanks for that info!

Aesderina said...

Yeah pictures:)

I can't too see the slippers felted!!!
James's blanket is looking very nice!! so much has happened to it and yet I've never seen you knit it.. lol

glad you're back on the needles:)