Saturday, June 27, 2009

What a great idea!



Hey there gang... I am so happy that it is cooler here in the Lower mainland! Summer is great but heat is not my thing! Don't get me wrong, I love the sunny days, I just enjoy the cooler days too!
So I am happy to also report that I am making good progress on the baby kimono, I don't know if this pattern is the best way to do this, but hey.... gotta try things out. I am using way more yarn than the pattern sggested, and as you may know that is a bit of a concern. I don't feel like the size of the kimono is extrordinary so I don't think that I am making the "amazing humongous baby jacket" I promise to update on if that happens or not.
I was also making great headway on a purple blanket that I was knitting, and then I ran out of a yarn.... but a friend of mine is going to be saving my ass from having to buy more yarn! This is going to be a gift blanket, and it knits up so quick... as I am using huge needles and double stranding the yarns. A great baby or child blanket. Honestly it is a great blanket, and I have made several for gifts, they have several great things going for them..... washable, cushy, and warm. Double stranding means that I use up more of my stash in less time!
My plan for stash busting, is going okay. The last couple of months I have felt that I have not made as much progress as i wanted to. Som months were really slow! I have a few projects that I am knitting in pieces so I don't finish a ball as I finish a piece..... so I am making progress on my projects but not knocking down my stash. Oh well I am keeping up with my goal for knitting my stash down.
Now that 2009 is half through (yikes!) I am going to count all yarn used. purchased recently or not. I will start that next month. I don't think that it will have much bearing on my tally, as I am still planning on knitting from Stash primarily.
Okay.....so the link in the title and the image at the top.
I have been listening to some new podcasts, and the KIPing It Real podcast is a new one for me.
(more on new podcasts in another post)
Anyway the host mentioned an intresting project that she had hear of. The 3-50 Project is basically an idea for supporting the local Brick-and-mortar stores in your local area. You budget 50 dollars each month and split it between three local shops that you would HATE to loose in this economy. Thereby supporting the locals but not breaking your monthly budget! I encourage you to pop by and check it out. I have already tried to begin this idea, but I wasn't supporting three stores..... just my LYS. :D Let me know what you think.. I would be intrested.

No comments: